1/10/25 2 nights 100 miles
So this is a try-out really in the spanking new van. Just picked it/her up from Hull of all places (we used to live in Beverley, 12 miles from ‘Ull ) but now live in Mid Devon, so it was a long trip to pick it up. If we’d have bought it a couple of years ago it would have been 15 mins on the train. The attraction was the discount, I won’t lie. I think they made 37 quid on the sale.
Jordans are what we used to call in the IT sector, box shifters. Pile high, sell lots. After sales suppor is not their strong point. Christ. The effort I had to go to get a couple of cheap things replaced which were broken - but then again I did get it cheap, but really, these bits were broken!
Anyway, the van was everything our previous 2013 Vantage was, but more up to date; automatic, Euro 6, lovely wrap round lounge. No more creaky or less well built in my opinion, and with some features which make you stop and think, yes, nice touch. However, I will still soon be embarking on a full soundproofing and rattle suppressing exercise.
So to Combe Martin. The pull was the intriguingly named “Great Hangman” and “Little Hangman” viewspots, or “miradors” in Spanish if you will. Well the walk was very good, challenging for some, as was the campsite (not challenging, good) along with the nice pub in the village, (the Dolphin I think) and the company with our good friends from Sandford, Charlie and Di was excellent.




No comments:
Post a Comment